Sweet & Simple
Sugaring is a natural hair removal technique with a rich history— it dates back to ancient Egypt! Our talented sugarists spread a warm paste of sugar, lemon juice, and water onto the skin against the direction of hair growth. The sugar itself seeps down into the pore and wraps around the bulb of the hair. When the paste is removed, the entire hair slides out naturally in the direction it grows.
Sweet Benefits of Sugaring:
- Hair can be as short as 1/8 of an inch
- Gentle on delicate tissue
- Ideal for sensitive or allergy-prone skin
- Does not adhere to live skin cells— exfoliates only dead skin cells for minimal irritation
- Water soluble (clean up and aftercare are a breeze!)
- Applied at body temperature
- Less likelihood of breakage or ingrowns since hair is removed in the direction of growth
We currently offer sugaring services at both of our Fort Collins studios and in Longmont.