All of our Estheticians are licensed by the Colorado State Board of Cosmotology and trained to the highest Screamin Peach waxing standards. Our management and supervisors are trained and licenced by The American Red Cross for First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens. We exercise the highest degree of sanitation at The Screamin Peach. We never double dip. Our rooms are disinfected routinely and our sheets washed in extremely high temperatures for disinfection. Safety and cleanliness are never overlooked. We use non-latex gloves. We don't allow anyone in the rooms with our waxers and clients for the purpose of comfort and communication because personal interaction and relationships are valued here at The Screamin Peach.
- Hair must be 1/4 inch in length to wax (usually about 2 weeks of growth)
- Shower and exfoliate before your wax appointment
- Absolutely NO TANNING (sun or sun beds) 24 hours before and after waxing
- Please refrain from waxing if you are currently using Glycolic Acid, Retin A or Roaccutane, as well as if you have any sort of rash, infection, or skin disorder. Let your technician know about any medications you are currently using.
- Avoid soaking in a hot tub/bath & heavy sweating for 24 hours after your waxing (yes, this means no sexual activity).
- Do not shave or use depilatory cream between waxes. This will distort hair growth and also allow your roots to strengthen (ouch!).
- Regular waxing is recommended every 4-6 weeks which will provide thinner, smoother, and slower growing hair.
- Do not pick ingrown hairs which can cause infection. Instead, wait until your appointment and talk to your esthetician. You can sample and purchase products in our boutique to help fight ingrown hairs.
Spray Tan info:
We provide Regular, Dark, & Express custom airbrush spray tans. Spray tans are applied by a trained tech, ensuring that you will leave with a natural and even looking tan. No need to watch a video or put on funny looking feet and hair protectors…just follow the guidelines below to make sure you're spray tan ready!
- Wax/shave, bathe, and exfoliate prior to application
- Wear flip flops & loose dark-colored clothing to your appointment
- Women may be sprayed nude or in a bathing-suit/underwear. We ask that men wear shorts/underwear.
- After your spray tan, avoid showering, swimming, heavy perspiring, or applying any liquids/creams for 8 hours for Regular and 2 hours for Express.
- Exfoliate lightly and stay moisturized in the days following your tan application.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does waxing hurt?
We aren’t going to lie… waxing stings. The first time is always the worst, simply because your roots are at their strongest/thickest. If you keep up on waxing regularly, your roots have little time to become strong, thus making it easier to get waxed.
What kind of wax do you use?
We use a strip wax (a piece of muslin is used to pull it) and/or a hard wax (the wax cools on your body and is pulled without muslin).
Do you double dip?
Absolutely not! We adhere to a strict NO double dipping policy and use a new wax stick on every dip!
I’m really nervous. Can someone come in the room with me?
We're sorry, but no. Due to the intimate nature of our services, we do not allow anyone in the room but the waxer and client. Your moral support is more than welcome to hang out in the waiting area.
It’s only been a week since I shaved. Is my hair long enough?
Probably not. Most people need about 2 weeks of growth for hair to be long enough to wax however, everyone is different. It is possible that your hair may grow rapidly. To ensure that we can remove all the hair at your appointment, it is best to wait until ALL the hair is ¼ inch long.
How long does waxing last?
About 4-6 weeks on the body & 2-4 weeks on brows and face.
What should I expect my skin to be like afterwards? Is there any aftercare advice?
Most people’s skin will be slightly red and tender to the touch for a few hours afterwards. Depending on where you get waxed, you may notice that the redness stays longer (your bikini area can be up to 24 hours). For 24 hours after waxing you should avoid tanning, unprotected sun exposure, soaking in a hot bath/tub, exercising, and sexual activity. Your pores are open and susceptible to bacteria…so keep that area clean. Call us with any concerns.
I was waxed a few days ago and noticed there are some hairs still there. Can I come back to get them waxed?
Yes! We stand by our motto: "No hair is safe". We offer free touch up services if you need it! Just call for an appointment. Please note: touch up must be with the same waxer and within 7 days of the original service.
I use a face lotion with Retin A. Can I still get waxed?
We advise against waxing if you use retinol products because it can cause thinning of the skin, making skin much more sensitive and susceptible to injury. We offer tweezing of brows and lip, but the best thing to do is to stop using the product for 5 days prior to your waxing appointment. Always let your technician know if you are using ANY products containing Retinol.
Can I get waxed if I’m pregnant?
Yes. But, we suggest you run it by your doctor just to be safe.
I just got my period. Can I still get a Brazilian Wax?
You can still get waxed during your menstrual cycle if you wish, although you will likely be extra sensitive. You must wear a tampon or menstrual cup during your service.
Will my hair grow back darker and thicker after waxing?
Waxing actually helps to do the opposite. Regular waxing can actually stunt your hair’s growth, making it more sparse.