Ladies and gentlemen, the (derma)plane is cleared for take-off.
Every day, your skin is exposed to a number of toxins, irritants, and sun damage. This causes your top layer of skin to appear dull and aged. Dermaplaning sweeps away those damaged cells and allows new ones to thrive.
Our technique is safe for any skin type and has little to no downtime. By gently exfoliating the small layer of dead skin cells that collect in your pores, dermaplaning helps speed up the production of new healthier ones, improving the look of dry, dull, and sun-damaged skin.
It also removes embarrassing facial peach fuzz and can aid in minimizing the appearance of wrinkles, deep acne scarring, and uneven pockmarks. Schedule your appointment and discover a more radiant, smooth, and youthful looking you.
- Softer skin
- More efficient product absorption
- Minimizes the look of fine lines
- Encourages cell turnover to assist in faster healing
- Brightens skin
- Removes vellus hair (peach fuzz)
- Smoother makeup application
- Evens skin tone
- Reduces milia, closed and open comedones, and minor breakouts
- Stay out of the sun for the next 72 hours
- Avoid steam (hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms)
- No chlorine or lake water
- No exfoliating for 7 days after treatment (retinol, waxing, scrubs, shaving, glycolic, AHA/BHA) -Use gentle cleansers and hydrating serums (hyaluronic acid) for 7 days, no active ingredients (salicylic acid, retinol, AHAs, and BHAs)
- SPF 50- skin is sensitive and your natural barrier will be compromised; allowing for sunburns and dark spots to develop quickly
- No fillers, botox, chemical peels, microneedling, microderming, or waxing for 3 weeks -Avoid washcloths; gently pat dry for 7 days
At home prep:
- Come in with no makeup
- Any waxing needs to be done 2 weeks prior
- No filler or botox for 2 weeks before
- No exfoliating for 1 week before (retinoids, waxing, or scrubs)
- No advanced aesthetic procedures (chem peels, microneedling, microdermabrasion, laser hair removal, or electrolysis) for 2 weeks prior
How is this procedure done?
A specially trained and certified esthetician uses a small, professional-grade, sterile blade to gently shave the congested top layer of your skin, as well as temporarily removing that pesky peach fuzz.
Do I qualify for this procedure?
A thorough skin analysis and medical history will always be done prior to your first dermaplaning appointment to determine if you might have any contraindications that restrict you from receiving the service.
Does it hurt?
Nope! It will just feel like a gentle shave.
What is the probability of being cut?
Don’t worry! Your esthetician has been specially certified at an advanced aesthetics class. They have been thoroughly trained to use the scalpel! Worst case scenario; there may be a tiny nick that you won’t even notice!
- Active infections (herpes simplex, flat warts, etc.)
- Raised lesions*
- Recent chemical peel procedure
- Eczema or dermatitis*
- History of hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation
- Recent (within 2 weeks) use of retinoids/glycolic acids/AHAs/BHAs
- Skin cancer
- Thick, coarse, dark facial hair*
- Use of Accutane within the last year
- Allergies, rashes, or other skin reactions/sensitivities*
* Does not disqualify, just requires customization to the procedure -Inflamed acne